Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

Hey Hey Bloggy!

Time for my second Five Minute Friday! I am linking up with Tales from a Gypsy Mama. Today our word is Ordinary!

GO!

Ordinary. All my life I have only been just ordinary. Ordinary hair, ordinary clothes, ordinary grades. Ordinary. What an ugly word it has been in my mouth.

I wanted to be extraordinary, at something, at anything. Dreams. Aspirations. Fantasy.

Now as I grow up I dread being an ordinary wife or an ordinary mother. And now I am an ordinary blogger.  Can't I do better? Can't I be more? Can't I do more??

EXTRAordinary. Where the world notices you. Where the world cares about you, about your very existence. Instead I was left wanting.

But .... darn it all. Isn't ordinary exactly what God created me to be?? He knit me exactly as He intended me to be in my mother's womb. Isn't ordinary exactly what God loves to use?? He didn't choose princes or kings. God chose shepard boys, prostitutes, virgins to work through. Shouldn't He still be able to do EXTRAordinary things with ordinary me??  If I was EXTRAordinary, maybe God wouldn't choose me. More like, if I was EXTRAordinary, I wouldn't be able to see God clearly.

Suddenly I find ordinary a little more desirable.

STOP

- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/#sthash.rBORjhna.dpuf

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your extraordinary post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *are* extraordinary. You are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. Sounds pretty awesome to me. :) (Coming over from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)) A lesson that needs some learning still!

      Delete
  3. Alyssa,

    The "world" at large isn't going to care about you unless you fit into their mold.

    Remember--you ARE extraordinary when you live your ordinary life in a way that shines for Christ.

    Blessings,
    Selena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!