Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY Easy Made Baby Books!

Hello Bloggy World!

As well predicted, Baby Girl kept me quite occupied yesterday. Only two itty bitty naps in which I decided showering and taking out the garbage (which entailed shoveling part of the driveway!) more important, ever so sorry.

But here it is none-the-less! I saw this idea once on Pinterest, but can't seem to find where it is now! This is the easiest way to make your own baby crinkle book and it uses supplies you already have laying around the house!


Scissors, a black marker, a red or blue marker for older babies (3+ months), four sandwich baggies, and a piece of paper. 

Fold the paper in half and then fold in half again so that you end up with four defined squares. Cut along the folds to create four separate pieces of paper. Now the fun part! Draw easy, geometric patterns on the four squares using your black or red marker.



Simple clear designs are best for babies to focus on. I couldn't resist adding the hearts as it was the day before Valentine's Day, but probably should have colored them in all the way. 

Next, simply slip each one of the beautiful pieces of artwork into one bag each. I used a piece of tape on the back of each picture to hold it in place better. Then, line up the opening of the baggys facing the left and lay them on top of each other. Use scotch or packing tape and tape it up! 


I also went through each 'page' and taped them together.


See? Easy peasy!! Took me about five minutes. I am thinking about going back and creating four more pictures to place on the backside of the originals. I don't like how my black bled through and looks so 'blah'. 

This project is super easy and can easily be transformed into hundreds of different ways. You could add pictures of family inside, or create a numbers and letters book! 

My baby girl took to it right away. She likes holding it, crinkling it and can stare transformed for minutes! Feast your eyes on my beautiful baby playing away and have yourself a great Friday!!


"Why are you taking so many pictures of me mom??"


"Wait! What is this?!"


"Awesome flailingness!"





http://christianmommyblogger.com

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!