Monday, December 26, 2011

Life Post Challenge

Well bloggy, life post challenge has been interesting. I was able to stay off sweets for quite some time. I tested myself once or twice, eating a cookie at work, to see if it would either 1) make me feel sick or 2)break the floodgates and turn me into a glutton.
Neither happened thank goodness.

But then the Christmas season kicked in...........I am able to say quite no to some things easily. My delicious chocolate truffles, our Jesus birthday cake (one slice for Jesus' sake, rather than the annual 3 slices!), the sugar cookies. I can find them all oddly unappealing. But somethings...........curse the day my mother decided to make puppy chow. Gosh, I love that stuff. Pure genius it is. And easy to eat; completely accessible. Then there was 2 nights in a row I couldn't stop eating the peanut butter cookies dipped in almond bark. Oddly, those always hit my stomach quite hard, so the third night I got the hint and stayed away.

Today it was my chocolate chip banana bread. Two, deliciously, think slices. But after spending a few minutes in downward facing dog.......I totally regret that decision. I now have a permanent pukey sensation in the back of my throat. Delicious.

Part of the problem is that I am surrounded by goodies. (Don't even get me started on the delicious strawberry jello fluff my Hubby's grandmother made.) I always feel horrible throwing food out, what a waste of money! I can't stop thinking of the poor starving children of the world when I need to toss something away. But on the other hand, I need to get rid of it! Thus, I have let myself resort to eating it, just to get rid of it. And the faster I eat it, the faster it goes away. Thank god the puppy chow stayed at mom's.

So I need to climb back on the No Sugar Bandwagon and stay there. I will let Hubby eat all the sweets, or throw them out. When I am not looking. This means that my plans to start experimenting with the cake section of my new Joy of Baking cookbook must be put on the back burner. And according to Joy, to be glamorous you need to be a cake baker/decorator. Sad.

In other, more helpful news, Hubby got me APY60. Its like a yoga version of p90x. It is pretty involved, including a diet, morning workouts (daily blends), and a weekly work out you do every day. The work out is about 40-50 minutes long! It also comes with a booklet of daily goals. For example, Day 1 Week 1 challenges include drinking 100 ounces of water (!!! I drink 1-2 cups on a good day!), the work out (Power Yoga class), not drinking your calories for the day, and using the Blue Dots. With the bundle I got some colored dots and bracelets, and each represents a different thing. Blue dots I think are supposed to remind me to breathe.

Although I tried the power yoga class tonight (whew!), I am going to officially start Day 1 tomorrow. I might not stick to his pretty strict diet rules (we are supposed to throw out anything with sugars, MSG, boxed foods {okay those make sense}, anything gluten including rice, noodles, bread, and 'cow dairy' products. Seeing as I live off of peanut butter toast and PB saltines, I am not sure I would be able to survive. I also already don't get enough calcium so I am gonna stick with my milk and yogurt {I am still totally digging the greek yogurt parfaits for breakfast!}), and will probably modify it to fit my lifestyle, but I do plan on trying several of his recipes and shopping with his shopping list more often.

Part of week 1 is no processed white sugar, and subsititute with something called Xylitol. I have heard of it somewhere before. I hope its not too expensive. If I manage to find some, I will pick it up and let you know what I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!