Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 6!!

Well Bloggy,

I did a little playing with fire yesterday.

 I feel like I have been learning a lot about myself and my addiction to sweets. However, now I have developed a slight fear to ever eating sweets again! I wonder if I will just go bonkers or if I will be able to maintain some self-control. In all honesty, I am not quite sure what to do when this challenge is over. How does one swear off sweets? How do I add sweets back in moderation without going back to where I was??

So yesterday, Hubby and I were going to write out our Christmas cards, and we decided to accomplish this task at Caribou. My goal was to get a small drink and test the waters: how would it make me feel? Could I let myself enjoy this small treat and still say no to sweets for the rest of the day? Often times when people break their diet rules or binge during the day they tell themselves 'Well I will just start over tomorrow' and then continue eating poorly for the rest of the day. Would this become me???

I ordered a small Ho Ho White Chocolate Mint Mocha (NUM!). I think I managed to drink about half, maybe 3/4 of the cup, before I could feel the sugar speeding through my veins. I think I actually felt slightly nauseous! I felt better after half an hour. Hmmm, I thought to myself, didn't really like that experience. Also, later in the day I stopped by McDonald's with some of my cheerleaders so they could pick up some ice cream cones. Although very tempted (I was so hungry!!), and even slightly teased by the girls, I managed to say no and wait for dinner (a delicious dinner at Olive Garden with some good friends).

Overall: An interesting experience. I almost want to test it again and see how my body feels after say, a brownie. But I think I know where that road will lead me! For now I am sticking out the rest of the challenge. After all, its only today and tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!