Thursday, September 1, 2011

My heart breaks wide open

One of the songs that affect me the most is "You Love Me Anyways" by Sidewalk Prophets. It really brings me to the reality of what Christ did for us. I usually like to think of some peaceful death scene with characters from thousands of years ago....it doesn't really affect me. But this song brings me back to the reality of what happened. If it had been me in the crowd that wonderful day, I would have been screaming out for His blood to be spilled. I would have been cursing his dying breath. It would have been me. It still is me....
This wasn't just some random event that happened to some random guy. We repeat the action everyday, we are nailing Christ to the Cross EVERY DAY. Every time we lie, every time we start a rumor, every time we pass by someone in need.....every time we choose some one or something over Him, we hammer another nail in. He IS hurt by us hurting others....
Why??
 Because He LOVES us! The whole reason He went through that grisly scene is for us!! Even though we are the very ones crying out for His death!! It's ridiculous really. It should have been me. For all I've done, for all I am bound to do....it should have been me.

But He loves me anyway.

"I am the thorn in your crown
But you love me anyway

I am the nail in your wrist
But you love me anyway

I am Judas' kiss
But you love me anyway

See now, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
for your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking ground
Yes, I turned away with a smile on my face
With this sin in my heart tried to bury your grace
And than alone in the night, I still called out for You
So ashamed of my life

But you loved me anyway"

Oh Lord, how I can barely comprehend Your Perfect Love

1 comment:

  1. I just heard this song on the radio when I was ironing. The lyrics you wrote above brought tears to my eyes. I was going to look for it on youtube and post it on facebook to share with others. But first I came here and read your blog--how weird is it that I read this just when I was thinking about the same song? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!