Friday, September 9, 2011

Baking Day!

Hello! 

Today is a BAKING DAY!! YAY!
I have officially decided to go with : CHOCOLATE CHIP STUFFED COOKIES! 
This is the first time I will be attempting this recipe, but I figured it would be fun to document the process and see how they turn out..45minutes later..it turns out to be mixed success! My cookies really grew so that they were no longer stuffed cookies :( But! They are still delicious! And who doesn't love giant cookies??

The Goods:
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large cold eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. {This was my first time actually using my parchment paper, and I am not so sure I liked it. It just slid all over the tray, if anyone has any hints to make the paper stay in place while placing cooking dough, let me know!!}

Sift the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a larger bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth.
NUM!! Can't go wrong here!!


 Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until blended. On low speed, add the flour mixture just until incorporated.
This is probably where I went wrong, I added the flour in small doses
This caused the dough to be much softer than it was supposed to be

Add in 2 cups of chocolate chips. {DON'T FORGET! Like I almost did! :))}

Rolls 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and flatten slightly to make a disk and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat to make a total of 16 disks. Space the dough disks about four inches apart {they do grow!}. Lightly press 1 tablespoon of remaining chocolate chips onto each disk. Using remaining dough, make 16 more disks, place one on top of each chocolate-chip-topped disk. Press gently to cover around the edges. 
You can tell my dough was too soft. And I made mine bigger. 
{The bigger the better!}
You can also see where I was struggling with the parchment paper. boo. 

Bake one sheet at a time until edges are lightly browned but centers are still golden, about 15 minutes.
Cool on baking sheets than transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature! 

First batch! Since my dough was not as stiff, they flattened out :(
Taste factor=still amazing!! 


2 comments:

  1. They look yummy!! You could try chilling the dough first, too, before rolling it. They'd roll better then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I would have assumed also. I got this recipe from a book (Big Fat Cookies) and she actually spent a lot of time talking about freezing dough and when and when not to do it, and what it does to the dough. Since this recipe didn't call specifically for any chilling, I didn't want to deviate from protocol the first time around.
    If I ever make them again (which I probably will cause they were delicious!) I will probably chill them for ten minutes top. I still want them to be soft enough to spread out to that giant shape!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!