Saturday, September 3, 2011

Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Spare!

Hello darling folks!

Every now and than I read the news and I often become overwhelmed with all the horrors of this world (which is why I don't read the news often!). War, anger, hate, poverty, disaster, murder, homelessness, death...this world is not our home!! It can seem impossible to make a difference, much less save actual lives.

This quote sums up exactly how I feel:
"I stay half ignorant on purpose. I skim the news, not letting myself read too much. I glean enough to seem informed: 'Oh yes, its just a shame what's going on in Africa.' I don't get my heart involved. I stay aloof and in control. Separate. 


Because if I let go, if I find out, I know what would happen. I would crack. I would break. I'd look into the ugly eyes of poverty and grasp my head in my hands and shout, 'Why, God, why?' But I can't keep doing that every day. And the bad news just keeps on coming. And I don't know what to do."
-Hope Lives by Amber Van Schooneveld


But than I remember James 4:17: "Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." (NLT) And than I remember I can not hide in my white suburbia forever. I need to step out and share the love the Father has given me; to share my blessings.

So today I want to share with you a simple, easy way that you could save lives (I have many others I can share with you later!). It is called the Water of Life Initiative by Compassion International. You can check it out at here.

Donate - Fiona Mutesi

Children the world over only have dirty, brown water to drink. They are at risk for typhoid and cholera. (Did you know that people DIE from DIARRHEA?? I sure didn't!) Over 4,000 children die each day from a water related diseases. But with Water of Life, Compassion provides a filter system to quickly and efficiently clean drinking water. Each system can provide over 1 million gallons of safe water for a child and their family!

Please check out the website and consider a donation! Even if you can give the full amount, any amount will help towards bring down that 4,000 a day to ZERO a day!

I want to turn my ignorance into a heart after the Lord's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!