Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome!

Hello Friends!

I am hoping this will be a place where I can share my baking recipes (and get some feedback!), my Christian walk, and my (failing) efforts to become more organized in home and body.

So here is the first recipe!!

Mini Chip Cheesecake Bars

  • 1 Can crescent dinner rolls (I use Pillsbury! Num!) 
  • 2 packages cream cheese, softened 
  • 1 egg 
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  •  1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
  1.  Unroll dough in two long rectangles and press one rectangle in bottom of greased 8-inch square baking dish. Press along the perforations to seal.  
  2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar til smooth. Add the egg; beat just until mixed. Fold in mini chocolate chips; spread over crust 
  3. Top with remaining rectangle of dough pressing out to the edges of dish
  4.  Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for an hour on a cooling rack. Cut into 3 rows by 3 rows to make 9 bars. Cut diagonally for smaller triangles. Store covered in refrigerator. 
Let me know if you try it and what creative spins you come up with. I have tried using dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet; that sure hits my sweet tooth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please leave your blog URL and I will be sure to visit!